General Guidelines Sept 28, 2015 5:34:01 GMT
Post by Kenji on Sept 28, 2015 5:34:01 GMT
The Rules of REDEEMER RPG // please read prior to joining the site!
- You are allowed to have as many characters on the site as you’d like. You must, however, have a separate biography for each one. To make matters easier, you may also register a sub-account for each character you have so people don’t get confused IC! Sub-accounts are set to unlimited, so take on as much as you can reasonably handle!
- Swearing is allowed IC with no real bounds. The world of REDEEMER is one of war. Tragedy and love befall the characters of our world, and they should be able to appropriately express themselves with the kind of language we use today. Terms that could be seen as sexist, racist, homophobic or otherwise hateful are only allowed IC if used properly. Excessive use of swear words outside IC posts will be dealt with accordingly.
- When you join REDEEMER RPG, you are expected to be somewhat familiar with the fundamentals of proper role play. However, if this is your first role play, do NOT hesitate to reach out to myself (Kenji!) for some help! I have absolutely no qualms in helping out a newbie! After all, we've all been there before! Otherwise...These are the fundamentals of RP
- Stick to using a third person perspective (he, she, they, as well as past tense verbs).
- When posting out of character (OOC) in an in-character post (IC), denote this by putting the OOC post in parenthesis.
- Do not denote actions using asterisks or dashes/hyphens (*s or -s). Be creative and describe what your character is doing.
- Speech should be within quotation marks " ", while thoughts generally go in apostrophes ' ' and is italicized.
- Please refrain from various forms of cheating. This includes God-Modding (imposing your will on someone else's character/NPC), powerplaying (making yourself overpowered and/or unstoppable) and metagaming (having your character know details they have no business knowing and/or "reading minds").
- Absolutely no advertising is allowed except in the ΛDS & ΛFFILIΛTES section. First time offenders will be warned, with subsequent violations leading to a suspension.
- Have fun and enjoy your time on REDEEMER RPG! We are very happy to have you as a part of this ever-growing community~ And please, respect one another. Respect is crucial to the positive development of a board, and it may very much be the most important rule of the site as a whole.
- If you like an original work on this site (for example, these rules or templates) please do not use it without the consent of the creator (in said example, me). Most people might not care, but it's nice to avoid bumping elbows and causing drama!
Allowed Content: Per the sites 2-1-1 rating, I thought it'd be a good idea to extrapolate on what kind of content is and is not allowed on REDEEMER RPG.
- Swearing: As mentioned above in rule #2, there are really no bars on swearing. Anything excessive, as noted, will be dealt with in an appropriate fashion. For this, we have taken an RPG Rating of "2".
- Sexual Content: Sexual content is an absolute norm in life, so why wouldn't it be on RRPG? The difference here, however, is that unlike real life - RRPG must adhere to ProBoards Community Guidelines. So what does this mean? This means (understandably at that) that no sexual content can occur on RRPG if it "is obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy or pornographic, that may constitute child pornography, or that may solicit personal information from or exploit in a sexual or violent manner anyone under the age of 18". More or less, anything that wouldn't be normal in terms of Sexual Content is out. To avoid the "child pornography" bullet, absolutely no characters under the age of 18 may engage in IC sexual content - fade to black scenes, albeit annoying to some, exist for a reason. For this, we have taken an RPG Rating of "2".
- Violence: Probably the biggest ticket item on RRPG given its setting, violence is absolutely something one would expect in a war - especially a war with giant mecha. That said, also per the Community Guidelines, we have rules to adhere to. What we get from the CG for violence is anything that "depicts excessive violence, contains comments or images that are offensive, abusive, threatening, harassing or menacing, or that incites, encourages or threatens physical harm against another". Notice that word I highlighted, "excessive". What does this mean? Simply don't go over the top, and if you are confronted about the violence in a post - PLEASE listen and fix it! We want RRPG to be a fun place for everyone, so let's try to accommodate as much as we're able! For this, we have taken an RPG Rating of "2".
Thank you for taking the time to read and review our rules~! We look forward to role playing with you!